Sunday, 7 May 2017

Wizkid lies on UK interview, claims he does free shows in Nigeria

Wizkid

Wizkid in a recent interview in the UK claimed he sometimes does free shows in Nigeria, adding that sometimes he even charges just N1,000 for his performance. * In Dremo's voice: Iro Nla!

The singer who is currently promoting his new single 'Come Closer' featuring Drake, made the shocking "revelation" while speaking with DJ Semtex, a disc jockey and presenter for BBC Radio 1Xtra digital radio station.

Wizkid during the interview was asked about the support Nigerians give him and he noted that he is well loved by Nigerians, but surprisingly, in a bid to show that he reciprocates that love, he lied.

"Nigerians are everywhere in the world, we are hustlers, so you know the Nigerians definitely love me,"

"Everywhere they go, they will tell you. Nigerians love me, and I love them too much. I will do anything for my Nigerian people man." - he said.

Then added: "Big shout to my Naija people. I love them too much. That why I do a lot back home. Sometimes I do free shows. I just pull up and say 'Hey, Wizkid, free show.' Sometimes I charge like a dollar for a show, sometimes I take like N1000, sometimes when I do shows at the Fela shrine, back with Femi (Kuti) and all that."

Watch the interview on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment